Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Marketing & Constituent Engagement Coordinator to join our dedicated and talented MEDA team in our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Marketing & Constituent Engagement team exists to offer our constituents (aka members) opportunities to explore and journey with others as they strive to live out what it means to be “faithful in daily work” – that intersection between faith and business – or bridging from Sunday to Monday.
A primary focus is to create and offer constituents meaningful ways to participate with MEDA’s mission – to help them grow in their philanthropy and effectively express and transmit their philanthropic values to their next generation and the world in need.
The Marketing and Constituent Engagement Coordinator will provide support to the Marketing & Development team in the areas of constituent engagement, marketing, and stewardship, lending support and expertise to special events and event promotion. The Coordinator, Marketing and Constituent Engagement would also be responsible for maintaining and executing deliverables related to the stewardship strategy – ensuring donors remain engaged with MEDA’s work and understand the impact of their support. This person sets a tone of warmth, positivity, and caring for all people connecting with MEDA.
- Job Status: Full-time
- Start Date: August 2021
- Location: Waterloo, Ontario or Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Hybrid office and flexible remote work policies are in development at MEDA
Constituent Engagement (50%)
- Assist the Manager, Constituent Engagement with the planning and coordination for MEDA’s annual Convention. Including but not limited to:
- Email marketing
- Creation and distribution of constituent and sponsor event surveys
- Tool kit creation and assembly
- Pitch Competition promotion and logistics
- Week of event support
- Church Engagement
- Work in conjunction with the Manager, Constituent Engagement to develop programming and materials to promote MEDA to church congregations
- Develop relations with existing and new churches
- Update church contacts in the database
- College Engagement
- Work in conjunction with the Manager, Constituent Engagement to develop programming and materials to promote MEDA to colleges and universities
- Develop relationships with existing and new colleges and universities
- Update college and university contacts in the database
- Multi-channel Marketing - Stewardship
- Work in conjunction with the Data & Stewardship team to ensure current processes are documented, up to date and being implemented
- Responsible to update and maintain the stewardship matrix
- reviewed annually with the Resource Development and Data and Stewardship team
- Create and maintain a shared stewardship calendar which tracks outlines, deliverables, and deadlines for all on-going stewardship initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring stewardship deadlines and deliverables are met
- Create new stewardship opportunities as required
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a monthly donor stewardship program
- Event Marketing
- Develop promotional messaging and marketing plans in conjunction with Director, Marketing and Constituent Engagement for special events
- Work in conjunction with the Constituent Engagement coordinator to ensure deliverables related to email marketing for events are met
- Work in conjunction with Communications Coordinator to develop social media content related to special events, donor acquisition and donor appreciation
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree in business, marketing or related field
Experience: Minimum two years’ work experience in event planning or marketing
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with bi and multi-lateral governmental agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal and communication abilities and skills communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to manage competing priorities, communicate with various project stakeholders, and independently meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Independent, motivated and self-directed
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 3, 2021 @ 4:00 pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.